Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dinosaur Day!

I always love some good Dinosaur books!!! I sometimes have a problem with dino books, though, because I just can't say half of those dinosaur names!!! So, I tend to lean towards books that don't have a bunch of names of dinosaurs, and it works out best for everyone!

Opening Song -
Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi

Book: Dino-Pets by Lynn Plourde


Song: Stomp, Stomp, Stomp Around (to the tune of Row, row, row your boat) (taken from Preschool Express by Jean Warren - Dinosaur Songs)

Stomp, stomp, stomp around
On your great big feet!!

Swish your tail,
Then turn around,
Now go take your seat!

Book: Dinosaur Train by John Gurney


Rhyme: 5 Crazy Dinosaurs (taken from Everything Preschool - Dinosaur Songs)
I also decided to make this in to a flannel board game - at the last minute... I'm sure I can find some better dino pictures for next time!)

5 crazy dinosaurs sweeping the floor
1 got swept away, and then there were four!

4 crazy dinosaurs chased by a bee,
1 got stung, and then there were three!

3 crazy dinosaurs playing with glue,
1 got stuck, and then there were two!

2 crazy dinosaurs out for a run,
1 fell down, and then there was 1!

1 crazy dinosaur acting like a hero,
He went out to save the others, and then there were zero!


Book: Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs by Byron Barton


Book: Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series by Bob Shea!!! If you haven't seen them yet, they rock!!!)


Craft: Pipe Cleaner Dinosaurs (from Busy Bee Kids Crafts)


This week's FMRNS was a fabulous suspense movie. Wild Things is a drama from 1998 with Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards. I remember this one coming out, and I remember wanting to see it, but I guess I just never did!!! This one had some twists and turns in it that I definitely wasn't expecting!!!

No comments: