Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Moon over Wednesday

For story time, I thought I'd break out some fun books about the moon and night time. These were perfect, and the kids had lots of fun with them!!

Opening Song - Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi

Book: Bringing Down the Moon by Jonathan Emmett




Song:
Flying Around the Moon (to the tune of She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain) (taken from Preschool Express - moon songs and rhymes by Jean Warren) I changed a few of the words for my version:

We'll be flying around the moon, yes we will!
We'll be flying around the moon, yes we will!
We'll be flying around the moon
We'll be flying around the moon
We'll be flying around the moon, yes we will!!

Additional verses:
We'll be landing on the moon
We'll be blasting off again
We'll be landing back on Earth


Book:
See You Soon, Moon by Donna Conrad


Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Book: Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, I'm off to the Moon by Dan Yaccarino


Craft: Moon and Star


Of course, it was also FMRNS!!! The feature for this time was a pretty intense drama. Soldier's Girl is a made for TV movie from 2003, starring Troy Garity and Lee Pace. This movie is based on true events and real people, and like I said, is pretty intense. It is pretty disturbing, and it just makes me sad to know that people can be so narrow minded and hateful. It has a very powerful message, and I am glad that it was on The List.

No comments: