Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Messy Monday

I wanted to do a little something for the Toddlers today that they could relate to - so I figured getting MESSY was the perfect topic. I mean, who knows better than some toddlers how to make a mess?!?!

Opening Song: If You're Happy and You Know It from Favorite Children's Songs CD.



Book: Warthogs Paint: A Messy Color Book by Pamela Duncan Edwards


Game: Little Miss Muffet - I brought the kids up one by one to Ms. Real's rocking chair, and we all repeated the rhyme, and when we got to 'frightened Miss Muffet away" the kids got up and ran away screaming. It was HILARIOUS.


Book: Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley


Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Interactive Playtime

Alternative Book:
Monster Mess! by Margery Cuyler (I was going to read this one, too, but those little ones were getting a little restless. Gotta be flexible, right?!)

No comments: