Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Hairy Wednesday

I found some AMAZING books about hair, and I just HAD to share them. It was great, too, because a dad came up to me after and told me that they were just dealing with hair brushing, getting your hair cut, and all that stuff, so he was excited that I was bringing things that are familiar to the kids to the story time. YAY!!!

Opening Song:
Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair by Lee Fox


Song: This Little Piggy

Book: Baghead by Jarret Krosoczka (p.s. Make sure to stress that it is a BAD IDEA and you will get in to VERY BIG TROUBLE to cut your own hair - the grown-ups will appreciate that).


Song:
Freeze Dance by Greg and Steve

Book: This is My Hair by Todd Parr (this one was a HUGE hit. I LOVE Todd Parr!)


Book:
What's Wrong With my Hair? by Satoshi Kitamura


Craft:
Mustache Masks (I just couldn't resist seeing these little kids walking around with these Monopoly Man mustaches...or the Pringles guy... Either way - too adorable!!!




YAY for FMRNS!!! This week's feature was a little lighter than last weeks!!! We watched the original X-Men not too terribly long ago, and decided it was time for X2 from 2003 with Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman (drool) and Ian McKellen. Fabulous, of course!!!


No comments: