Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drivin' in my car!

I feel the NEED, the NEED for SPEED!!! WHOOOOOT!!!!!

Or wait...maybe not so much. Either way, I found some pretty fun Cars and Trucks and Things That Go books for my preschoolers this week!!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car by Eileen Christelow


Song: Drive, Drive, Drive your car (to the tune of Row, Row, Row your Boat)
Taken from nPreschool Education Transportation Sogs

Drive, drive, drive your car
all around the town!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
up the hills and down!

Game: Guessing Game
I asked things like:
What color is this car?
Who drives this car?
Where are you going when you ride in this car?
How many people are in this car?


Book: Smash Crash by Jon Scieszka



Song: Driving in My Car by Peter and Ellen Allard on the Good Kid CD.


Book: Freight Train by Donald Crews

Craft: Paper Plate Steering Wheels


This week on FMRNS, we watched a really cute foreign film called Potiche. This French film was made in 2010, starring Catherine Deneuve and Gerard Depardieu. This was quirky and fun - and, of course, FABULOUS!!!

4 comments:

Adam Preece said...

Heheh, the need for speed? Kids do love cars. They may not be old enough to drive, but they can still appreciate those awesome four-wheeled vehicles.

Erwin Calverley said...

I used to adore car movies back when I was still a child. Hehe. Those movies just get you all riled up to drive, even if you're not old enough yet. =D

Mickey Doshi said...

I'm sure the kids would surely love what you've had prepared for them..I personally love the cute car cutouts you've made into sticks. The kids would have a blast listening to these adorable car songs. Have fun!

Omari Sanders said...

Good shaare