Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Barkin' through Wednesday

Happy Wednesday y'all!! Hope everyone had an awesome Memorial Day weekend. The weather here was perfect, and I spent a good amount of time at the pool. Ahhhhh!!!

This week, I decided to do stories about dogs. I actually had a crazy week last week, then with Monday off, I seemed to have accidentally forgotten to plan a story time. There is no shortage of good story time books about dogs, so it was easy to whip up a story time!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book:
Pick a Pup by Marsha Wilson Chall


Song: Old McDonald had a Farm

Book: Puppies, Puppies, Puppies by Susan Meyers


Rhyme: Hey Diddle, Diddle

Book: I Love Dogs by Barney Saltzberg


Book: Bark, George by Jules Feiffer (This was a bonus - it's one of my favorites, and the kids were being really good!)


Craft: Envelope Dog puppets from Kids Soup



Welcome to FMRNS!!!! I'm really excited about tonight's feature. It seems like it's been a long time since our last movie night. Last week, we had movie night on Monday, so it has been a while. We are EXTRA excited that it's time for Shoobie - aka So You Think You Can Dance. I almost hate to admit it, but I think I might be more excited about Shoobie than I was about American Idol... Either way, I can't WAIT for tonight's episode!!!

Anyway, tonight's feature is Traitor, a drama from 2008 with Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce. I remember wanting to see this movie when it came out, but never got around to it. It should be fabulous, I'm sure!!!

No comments: