Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bath Time Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!! It's a sunshiny day and all is marvelous!!! This morning, we read stories about Bath Time, which was super fun. I told the kids that we were going to read stories about something I was sure they had all had before - and they might have even had one TODAY!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Little Bunny's Bathtime! by Jane Johnson


Song: 1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Bubbles

1 little, 2 little, 3 little bubbles
4 little, 5 little, 6 little bubbles
7 little, 8 little, 9 little bubbles
10 little bubbles go POP! POP! POP!

Book: Big Red Tub by Julie Jarman


Pretend: Blow bubbles (ok, so this isn't really bath time, but it is bubbles!)

Pretend to chew gum (I asked what flavor the gum was!)
Hold hands up to your mouth, then keep blowing the bubble bigger and bigger until POP!! - clap hands together.

Book: Bubbles Bubbles by Kathi Appelt


Craft: Soap Men from DLTK-Kids.


It's also FMRNS!!! Have I mentioned how much I love Wednesdays?? Last week, we watched the epic Elizabeth Taylor movie, Cleopatra. Seriously, that movie was written primarily to show off how beautiful she was. It was loooong, but definitely list worthy!

This week, we have a documentary from 2006 called Manufactured Landscapes. This documentary follows Edward Burtynsky as he travels through China taking pictures of the effects of their massive industrial revolution. It is always interesting to find out what is going on in other countries, and finding out what the plans are for dealing with their issues. I'm looking forward to it!!

A and I have decided to forgo watching American Idol (who else was SHOCKED that Pia was booted?!?!) on Wednesday nights in favor of watching ANTM. Since American Idol has so many commercials, and we have to record the results show on Thursday evenings anyway, we decided to record both the performance show and the results show, and watch it all at once with NO BREAK!!

And yes, I said "record" as in VCR. I am behind the times, I know, but hey, it works, and I still get to watch what I wanted to see!!

Anyway, tonight we'll be watching ANTM, then our movie. But since our feature is less than an hour and a half, I decided to bring something else to watch.

I just got into the first season of True Blood (yes, I am behind the times on this one, too!) I am about 4 episodes into it, and have the next disk of the season in my possession right now! So, we'll probably watch an episode or two of that as well!!

YAY Wednesday!!!!!

1 comment:

Gluten Free Recipes said...

Great blog, thanks for posting