Thursday, March 24, 2011

Librarian wisdom

Sometimes, I just get so proud of myself I can't even help it! I love it when someone comes up to me with a random question, and gives me almost no details about what they are looking for, but yet, I still manage to come up with the answer...or rather, the RIGHT answer. Take this story, for example!!

Today, I can tell a similar story...

A young dad came in with his 7 year old son, looking for Junie B. Jones and other appropriate books for 2nd graders. I helped him find a bunch of stuff, and he's very appreciative. Then he comes to me with this:

Young Dad: There was this book that I read when I was about his age. It was about a frog and some other animals and I remember it was green.

Real Librarian: Um, okay... Well, can you tell me anything else about it?

YD: No, not really. There were more than one of them, though.

RL: It wasn't Frog and Toad, was it? **pulls out a copy of Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel**

YD: Holy crap, that's it!!

Thank you, thank you!! I'm here all week.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I bet that just made your day!

Anonymous said...

You really are awesome! Love the stories you post here. Your enthusiasm for your job really shows.