Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Circus is coming to town!!

The Greatest Show on Earth is coming to town next weekend, so I thought it would be the perfect time to read books about the Circus!!! Too bad it snowed last night and this morning, so I only had one kid, but still - we had a good time!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: The Greatest Show on Earth by John Prater


Pretend: I put a long piece of red duct tape on the floor, and we pretended to walk the tight rope! It was a lot of fun!!

Book: Big and Little by John Stadler


Rhyme/Fingerplay: 5 Little Clowns (from About.com Family Crafts)


Five little clowns on the circus floor
One did a somersault; then there were four.

Four little clowns standing on one knee
One fell over backwards; then there were three.

Three little clowns with hair of red and blue
One rode on an elephant; then there were two.

Two little clowns having so much fun
One flew on the trapeze; then there was one.

One little clown in the ring all alone
He stood on a tiger and ate an ice cream cone.

Book: Star of the Circus by Michael and Mary Beth Sampson


Craft: Circus Finger Puppets from First Palette



And HOOOORAY!!! Tonight is another round of FMRNS!!!! Although, I have to tell you that I am not entirely excited about tonight's feature. If you recall, I am not exactly a fan of horror movies. Here's a story I've told before...

I have one of those 'it's funny now' stories about a FMRNS evening of horror. I am pretty sure it was the night we watched The Shining. I was getting ready to leave A's place. He lives in kind of a secluded area, and I have to walk (not too far, but far enough) to get to my car. It's always dark when I leave, and I'm not really a fan of the dark anyway, but to go walking in a secluded area in the dark by myself after watching The Shining?!?! Yeah, not cool. Anyway, I go to leave and open the door (remember, it's probably almost midnight at this time), and there is a PERSON standing in the doorway!!! I, being the calm person I am, SCREAM BLOODY MURDER in this guys face, and run back into the house screaming and crying. Poor guy didn't even know what hit him. Not so funny then, but when A and I reminisced about this the other day? HI-FREAKIN-LARIOUS!!!

Anyway, tonight we are supposed to watch Paranormal Activity, a horror from 2007. Yeah, wish me luck, y'all!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! I would have screamed bloody murder as well. Hahaha.

Shauna said...

Cute ideas. I can't wait to use some of them when I do a Circus Themed Unit with my preschool class. I'm glad I found your blog.