Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I feel like dancin!'

Can I just tell you, yet again, how much I love my job? Seriously, you can't get any better!!!

Today, I did a fabulous story time with a dancing theme. I had just a small group today, but it was great to get them up and moving!!! We always start our story times off with "Shake My Sillies Out" by Raffi - a GREAT way to get moving and get rid of a little energy!!! And, I can't help it, I LOVE to shake my sillies out!!!
Then, of course, we read some great books:

Cha-Cha Chimps by Durango

Down by the Cool of the Pool by Mitton


Boing by Bruel

We also danced the Tooty-Ta by Dr. Jean and Friends. If you don't know how to Tooty-Ta, you need to learn!!! Way too much fun, I just gotta say!!

We also made a "Dancer's Wand" as our craft today. Just a wooden dowel (which they colored however they wanted!), and a long piece of ribbon! Super easy, but the kids loved it!! After we made our craft, I put on some music and we all danced (mom's included!!!). Soooooooo much fun.

And the best part? A little boy (who I've been told has really come out of his shell since I got here - he used to sit on his nanny's lap during story time, and now he sits on the carpet!!), waved his dancer's wand at me and said "Bye Miss Real!!! Thank you for letting me dance with you today!!!" Yeah. BEST.JOB.EVER.

What could make this day even better?! Why it's FMRNS Night!!! WHOOT WHOOOOT!!!! Last week at the time of posting, A and I weren't sure what we were going to watch. We decided on Sleeper, a Woody Allen futuristic comedy from 1973 with Woody (of course) and Diane Keaton. Well, it started out as entertaining, but then I realized that I can only take so much Woody Allen before I kinda want to puke. So about halfway through, we stopped it and deemed the movie (with a judging tone in our voices) NOT LIST-WORTHY!!!!!!!

This week, however, I am looking forward to Paris, je t'aime, a foreign film from 2006. We are confident that this movie will make the cut!!

P.S. Don't forget to enter in my latest giveaway!!!!!!!

No comments: